TechPowerNext can be accessed and read without the need to create an account. When you do register a free account on TechPowerNext, you are explicitly required to agree to the following terms. If you choose not to register, you can still use most of the features on TechPowerNext, but you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
Once you register at TechPowerNext you will be signed up to receive the TechPowerNext weekly newsletter, you can opt-out at any time if you want to stop receiving site updates via email.
We’re glad to have you on TechPowerNext! With thousands of users coming to the site every month, we’ve devised a number of guidelines that will help our members co-exist and communicate in the best manner.
User comments and our community are an integral part of TechPowerNext and we expect members to be polite and use their best judgment and common sense when posting. The golden rule that will keep you in good standing within our community is respect.
- Criticize ideas, not people. We won’t stand, nor support personal flaming.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post others’ personal information without their express permission.
- Each member is entitled to have only one forum account and must provide a functional e-mail address (not made public).
- No spam, no NSFW content, no trolling, no ads. Spreading misinformation is considered trolling and won’t be tolerated either.
Moderators are entitled to make good use of their judgment in moderation. Furthermore, moderators are forum authorities and should be treated with respect. They are all voluntary helpers within the community.
- Use descriptive subject lines and research your post. Posting generic titles like: “I need help” or “I have a problem” may be deleted by moderators regardless of the post’s content.
- Keep your posts clean: Excessive foul language is likely to get moderated or get you banned. Same applies for shouting (see below).
- No SHOUTING allowed!!! That is, posting IN ALL CAPS or with excessive exclamation marks (!!!). It’s rude and annoying, and if you do it, your post will be removed.
- Avoid double posting. Make good use of the ‘Edit’ function and do not “reply to yourself” in a same thread unless it’s completely necessary.
- Avatars – We allow small personalized images to go along your user profile and your posts, avatars fall under the same guidelines as printed text. Please no animated avatars.
- Signatures – You can include with your messages a small signature, quote or slogan, please try to keep your signature less than 2 lines long. Furthermore, the signature space is the place to sign off and not within each of your posts.
- English only – This is an English-only forum. For any other languages please look for a more appropriate site.
The administrators of TechPowerNext reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any discussion topic, post or account for any reason. You may delete your account information by logging into your account and contacting the administrative team or creating a topic in the feedback forum. When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible and disassociated from content you posted under that account. Please note that the posts, comments, and messages you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others.